We're thrilled to share exciting news about the upcoming release of a new feature within ATS called Domain and Email Verification. These changes, set to take effect on Sunday, March 31, 2024, are designed to enhance the security and authenticity of your communication processes.
Starting from March 31, 2024, BrightMove is implementing new features for Domain and Email Verification, aiming to strengthen the verification processes associated with your domain and email communications.
Info for Account Admins
Security Role Considerations
In order to be able to view and change email domains within a company's configuration, the user must have the Manage Email Domains permission assigned to a role they have. Without this permission, the user cannot see the Email Domains link on the Company Settings screen.
Automatic Updates for Existing Domains Using Soft Verification
For accounts whose domains are currently configured within BrightMove, we have streamlined the process by automatically verifying the domain through our "soft" verification process. This approach grandfathers in your company's domain and enables the domain to be Ready for Use by your users immediately. Prior to December 31, 2023, BrightMove softly verified all existing domains for sending outbound emails.
However, this does not mean your domain has been verified from a DNS perspective. In 2024, many domain name service providers, web hosting companies and email service providers are implementing new, stricter email security policies related to domain verification. See this article from Wordpress, for example.
Actions Required by Account Admins
Validate and Update Domains
To ensure a seamless transition, we kindly ask Account Admins (users with the Manage Email Domains permission) to:
- Go to the "Email Domains" screen within "Company Settings" to verify that their email domains are currently configured properly.
- Check if the status of each domain that you send email from and confirm it is "Ready For Use"
- If there is a domain that you wish to send email from that is not listed, add it and follow the instructions to verify the domain.
- If your domain is "Ready For Use" (indicated by a green checkmark) this means the email domain can be used by your company's users register verified emails.
- If your domain is not "Ready For Use" (indicated by a red exclamation point) follow the instructions under the "Actions" column before March 31, 2024, to ensure uninterrupted service.
- If your domain has any red exclamation points shown, follow the instructions under the Actions column.
Actions Required By Users
Validate and Update Email Addresses
For all users, we request you to validate and update your verified email addresses from your manage profile screen.
To do this:
- Select "Settings" in the top right corner.
- Navigate to "Profile"
- Update your email address to ensure accurate and authenticated communication.
Important Consideration for Email Addresses
For users sending emails from BrightMove using addresses with external domains, we recommend reviewing and updating your email configuration. This ensures that your emails are seamlessly authenticated and delivered.
Our dedicated support team is ready to assist you throughout this process. If you have any questions or need guidance on verifying your DNS settings, configuring your email domains, or updating your profile, please don't hesitate to reach out. You can reach the support team via the chat feature within the application, or by sending an email to email@example.com. We are committed to making this transition as smooth as possible, ensuring uninterrupted service for your BrightMove experience.
We appreciate your prompt attention to these updates, as they are crucial for maintaining the security and reliability of your communication channels.