In this Article:
A candidate emailed you their resume. Did you know you can create a profile for that candidate in your BrightMove without leaving your email? Here's how.
Using the Email Parser:
The email parser is the tool within BrightMove that will create an applicant profile automatically when you forward a resume from your email inbox. The resume can be attached to an email or in the body of an email. To use this feature,
1. Determine what your company's email parser address is.
a. Click on your name.
b. Click on Settings.
c. Click on My Company.
d. Your parser address will be next to Inbound Email Parser Address and end in @parser.brightmove.ai
2. Locate the email you want to parse.
3. Click Forward.
4. Delete your signature and any information other than the resume.
5. Type in your company's email parser address.
6. Click send.
a. If the First name, Last name, AND Email or Work email info does not match an existing profile, a new Applicant profile will be created for you.
b. If the First name, Last name, AND Email or Work Email info matches an existing profile, you will see a message on the existing profile letting you know there is a new resume to parse.
Important Information to Keep in Mind:
- You will receive an email notification of a completed parse. This cannot be disabled.
- Employees can only have one email address on their profile or the parser will not work.
- There is a user permission that needs to be enabled to use the email parser. See your admin if you feel you need this permission.
- Vendors can also use your email parser.
- You can also parse resumes one at a time with this method. If there are multiple attachments, the parser will grade the resumes and use the one with the highest score to create a profile.
To parse Candidate or Contact emails as activities - New activity generating mailbox
For our customers who send emails to Candidates or Contacts outside of BrightMove and want those emails captured as an activity in BrightMove, we have added the ability to Forward, BCC (recommended) or CC our new activity generating mailbox, firstname.lastname@example.org to create an activity automatically for you as long as:
Your sending email address must match the email address in your user profile AND the email address you're sending to must also be in either a Candidate or Contact profile.
You can Forward, BCC or CC emails to this activity generating mailbox!
The responses back are NOT automatically logged as activities. Brightsync users should use the Parse as activity link when viewing the email in BrightMove.
Non-Brightsync users can create an activity and copy/paste the response into the correct profile.