In this Article:
A candidate emailed you their resume. Did you know you can create a profile for that candidate in your BrightMove without leaving your email? Here's how.
Using the Email Parser:
The email parser is the tool within BrightMove that will create an applicant profile automatically when you forward a resume from your email inbox. The resume can be attached to an email or in the body of an email. To use this feature,
1. Determine what your company's email parser address is.
a. Click on your name.
b. Click on Settings.
c. Click on My Company.
d. Your parser address will be next to Company Email Parser Address and end in @brightmove.com
2. Locate the email you want to parse.
3. Click Forward.
4. Delete your signature and any information other than the resume.
5. Type in your company's email parser address.
6. Click send.
a. If the First name, Last name, AND Email or Work email info does not match an existing profile, a new Applicant profile will be created for you.
b. If the First name, Last name, AND Email or Work Email info matches an existing profile, you will see a message on the existing profile letting you know there is a new resume to parse.
Important Information to Keep in Mind:
- You will receive an email notice of a completed parse. This cannot be disabled.
- Employees can only have one email address on their profile or the parser will not work.
- There is a user permission that needs to be enabled to use the email parser. See your admin if you feel you need this permission.
- Vendors can also use your email parser.
- You can also parse resumes one at a time with this method. If there are multiple attachments, the parser will grade the resumes and use the one with the highest score to create a profile.