Interview Reminder Workflow
You can create, view, edit and remove Interview Schedule Reminder Workflows with automated communication templates to accompany your Interview Schedules.
Create Communication Templates
- Create your desired custom email templates to assign to the Reminder Workflow first, in Settings> Communication Templates. There is an Interview Fields substitutions section to assist you with building Interview emails.
- Then go to Settings> Submittal Workflow> click Edit for the Submittal Status that will send the interview schedule link email to the Candidate and assign your initial Communication Template to the Candidate Template dropdown.
- Continue to the next step below to create your Reminder Workflow events.
To Create an Interview Reminder Workflow
- First, create the Email and/or SMS Templates you wish to assign to the different Reminder Workflow events. You can access these in Settings> Communication Templates.
- Then go to Settings> Interview Reminder Workflows or you can click the Interview Reminder Workflows button in upper right of the Interview Schedules screen.
- Click the Add Reminder Workflow button (upper right). Enter the Name and Description of what the reminder is for (required).
- Then click the Add Reminder Event button (upper right) to add the reminder event rules that will trigger communications to go out.
- Select your Reminder Type. Event options for communications to be sent out are:
- On Initial Interview Schedule: This option allows you to automate sending a communication template when this action occurs.
- On Interview Cancel: This option allows you to automate sending a communication template when this action occurs.
- On Interview Time Change: This option allows you to automate sending a communication template when this action occurs.
- Scheduled / Time-Based: This option asks you to select the Schedule Reminder Type (Minute, Hour, Day), Reminder Time Before the event occurs and then allows you to automate sending a communication template when this action occurs.
- Repeat above steps as needed until all desired Reminder Events are in place. Once completed, proceed to Step 2.
To Delete an Interview Reminder Workflow
- To Change an Interview Reminder Workflow, you can make changes by clicking on the Name link. To change the Reminder Events inside it, you must Delete the event and then add the new one.
- To Delete an Interview Reminder Workflow, you simply click the Delete button (far right) or to delete a Reminder Event, click the Remove button (far right) and it will be removed from the list.
2. Interview Scheduling
BrightMove's Interview Scheduling module allows you to create and assign Candidate Interview Schedules, on a per-job basis, that can be emailed to the Interviewer(s) or Interviewees.
To Create an Interview Schedule
- Go to Settings> Interview Schedules. If you do not see this module in your Settings menu, you'll need to turn into on in your Security Role first, then log out and back in to view it.
- Click the Add Interview Schedule button. The Creation wizard has 4 tabbed sections: Overview, Schedule, Interviewers and Attachments.
- Required fields are outlined in green.
- Schedule Location can be a street address or point of interest. This is a text field.
- Workflow Submittal Status is the submittal status the Candidate enters into that kicks off the Interview Schedule notification to them to choose an interview slot.
- Interview Booking Open/ Close Dates& Times are the time frame where a Candidate can select an interview slot. Once outside of the specified dates/time, they can no longer select a spot.
- Interview Start/ End Date & Time are the actual Interview blocks.
- Candidates Per Time Slot allows single booking time slots, double booking or more. Enter 1 for single booking per time slot, 2 for double booking, 3 for triple booking and so on. This allows you to account for no-shows or cancellations that may occur according to the Interviewers preference.
- Interview Reminder Workflow is an optional field that allows you to create and assign Interview reminders (email and/or text message) at your specified intervals prior to the scheduled interviews.
- After completing all fields, then click Save (in upper right of form). You can now move to the other tabbed areas to continue set-up.
Based on the Interview Start / End Dates and times you entered into the Overview section, you will be shown those dates and time spans on a calendar view to select the individual time slots that Candidates can pick from. The minimum slot is 15 minutes and you can increase those by 15 minute intervals if needed.
You can click a spot on the calendar and drag your mouse down through the available window, then release your mouse. This will pop-up a window where you can choose to Create Multiple Appointments with your desired interval. This allows you create many interview slots with minimal effort rather than clicking on each one individually.
You can also delete slots, if needed, by hovering on the interview slot and click the "x" that appears on the right side.
- Once all desired interview slots are entered, you now may click the Interviewers Tab or click Save in the upper right to save your work thus far.
- Enter the Interviewer(s) Name and Email address. The Interviewer may be your own Recruiter or a Hiring Manager / Client Contact. This person will be emailed the interview slot info and Interviewees information and resumes. You can have multiple Interviewers assigned.
- Once all desired Interviewers are entered, you now may click the Attachments Tab or click Save in the upper right to save your work thus far.
- You can upload and/or select attachments for this Interview Schedule.
- The Upload allows you to select files stored on your computer that can be assigned to this schedule.
- Select allows you to assign files you've uploaded to your document repository.
- Once all desired attachments are entered, you now may click Save in the upper right to save your work.
Congrats! Your Interview Schedule is now ready for use!
If you need Interview Reminders (Email and/or SMS messages) to go out, you'll need to create those in Settings> Interview Reminder Workflows or you can click the Interview Reminder Workflows button in upper right of screen.
Once completed, you can proceed to assigning the Interview Schedule to the job. See Step 3.
To Manage, Edit, Copy or Delete an Interview Schedule
To Edit an Interview Schedule, click on the Interview Schedule name.
To Copy an Interview Schedule to create a new one, click the Copy button on far right.
To Delete an Interview Schedule, the Delete button is on the far right as well.
3. Assign Interview Schedule to Job
In the upper section on Jobs, find the Interview Schedule field (dropdown). Assign the correct Interview Schedule here. Only active Interview Schedule will be available to choose from, not those whose sign-up window has passed.
Once assigned, when a Candidate reaches the submittal status that is assigned as the Interview Schedule status, the Reminder workflow communications you created in Step 1 will be sent out to the Candidate.
It's important to set up an Interview Reminder Workflow event for "On Initial Interview Schedule", so the Candidate will receive an email prompting them to select a Date/ Time as well as any other important information you need them to have.
Candidate Self-Selects Interview Slot
Upon entering the assigned Interview submittal status in the workflow, the Reminders Workflow assigned email template will be sent to the Candidate with a link for them to see the available Interview Schedule and they can select a slot.
User/ Recruiter Selects/Manages Interview Slot on Candidate behalf
On the Job Submittals tab, once Candidates have reached the submittal status assigned to the Interview Schedule for that job, a Schedule Interview button will appear on that Candidate row to allow users to choose an available Date/ Time for the Candidate to interview.
Any Reminder Workflow communication templates that are assigned to go out to the Candidate (ie. confirming Interview details) will go out normally.
Once the Interview selection timeframe has closed and you are ready to send the Interviewee Report to the Interviewer(s), proceed to Step 4.
4. Interview Schedule Export Summary Report to Interviewer(s)
Once you are ready to send the Interview Schedule, info and attachments to the Interviewer(s):
- Go to Settings> Interview Schedules. Click the Summary Report button on far right of the schedule you wish to send.
- Review the assigned Interviewer(s). You can add addiitonal or remove an Interviewer from here as well before you send it out.
- The assigned Interview Attachments are displayed and you can add additional attachments if needed.
- Next you will see possible Candidate Resumes/ Attachments that you can select to add for the Interviewer(s).
- The Schedule and Interviewees names are displayed in their assigned times.
- You can add comments for the Interviewer in the Notes field if you would like to (optional).
- Finally, click the Export Interview Report button to send it to the Interviewer(s).
5. Interview Scheduling Candidate Experience
When a Candidate is placed into a submittal status that kicks off the assigned Interview Schedule:
- The Candidate will receive an email with a link to load the Interview Days/ Time slots (appears as large clickable buttons in list form) where they can select the available time slot they would like.
- Afterwards, any Interview Reminder Workflow events you have assigned to that Interview Schedule will be sent. (ex. Upon schedule selection, upon changing the time, upon cancelling, 1 hour before the interview, etc)
Candidates can change their time later, if desired, by selecting a different time slot. An Interview change reminder workflow can be set up to send an email template confirming the change via email when this happens, if desired.
Article is closed for comments.