In this Article:
Learn how to use Indeed Marketing Locations to post a single job to multiple search locations.
Marketing Locations is an optional job field that allows Indeed to post one job that will show up in multiple search locations. This allows your Indeed job posting to get more exposure when the job is available in multiple locations or cities and you will have a pool of Candidates on a single job profile to manage. Marketing Locations also allows you to post one job that will show up in multiple search locations on your job portal.
Important Best Practices from Indeed
Here are a couple very important rules from Indeed when using this feature:
1) Indeed defaults to a 25 mile search radius, customers should not add marketing locations (or multiple zip codes) within this radius. BrightMove will exclude locations selected within the 25 mile radius from the job feed to assist with complying with Indeed's rule. However, this relies on a zip code being present in the job profile. If a zip code is not in the job profile, BrightMove cannot calculate the radius so it will not be excluded from the feed.
2) For location agnostic jobs within 25 mile radius, customer should note in the job description that the job is listed in a physical location, but also include the surrounding municipalities where they want to accept applications.
3) Marketing Locations should only be selected in places the job is located in or for location agnostic jobs. If the job is not located in an assigned Marketing Location, that Marketing Location should not be selected.
Disregarding these guidelines from Indeed could result in them not posting your jobs so please keep these in mind.
How to select Marketing Locations
You have 3 ways to search for Marketing Locations:
- Zip Code/Radius (defaults to a 25 mile radius minimum)
- County (enter County name and State)
- Manual (enter City name)
After you have selected your search method, a list of Available Locations will display. Select the locations you wish to assign to the job. To clear the results to select a different Marketing Location, there is a Clear button next to the locations list.
WARNING! There is a maximum limit of 50 Marketing Locations per job listing. If you select more than 50 Marketing Locations, you will receive a warning message. The first 50 Marketing Locations will be added to your list in the event that you choose more than the allowed amount.