In this article you will learn which browsers are supported, how to clear your browser's cache for increased performance and to update settings (both within BrightMove and in your browser), and how to turn off the Auto Fill feature for popular browsers.
BrightMove currently supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (v32+)
- Safari (v6+, Mac only)
- Mozilla Firefox (v39+)
- Microsoft Edge
Clearing Your Cache from inside BrightMove
This option will clear your browser settings without resetting all of your browser cache history. To clear your cache within BrightMove use these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Local History
Clearing Your Cache via Browser
There may be times you need your browser to forget previous settings or views inside BrightMove without clearing all your history. We have created a new link inside BrightMove to allow you to do that.
Example: After a new release, you are not seeing the submittal status column on a job. Go to Settings and click the Local History link, then go back to the job. The view will be fixed going forward.
Turning Off Auto Fill
Modern browsers will try to autofill form fields. While it can be a great feature when you want to enter your own information quickly it can become cumbersome when dealing with candidate data. Select your browser from the list below for instructions on how to disable this feature.
- Click the Chrome menu icon. (Three dots at top right of screen.)
- Click on Settings.
- In the Autofill section, select the Addresses and More section.
- Toggle the setting OFF if it is on.
- Click the Firefox menu icon. (Bar icon at the top right of screen.)
- Click on Options.
- In the Privacy and Security section, scroll to the Forms and Autofill section.
- Uncheck the Autofill addresses box.
- Click the Safari option (at the top left of your screen next to the apple icon.)
- Click on Preferences.
- In the AutoFill section, uncheck Using info from my contacts and Other forms.
- Click the Edge menu icon. (Three horizontal dots at top right of screen.)
- Click on Settings.
- In the Passwords & Autofill section, uncheck the Save Form Data option.
Article is closed for comments.