In this Article
BrightMove's Job Portals are WCAG 2.0 AAA compliant which is the highest compliance level possible. Learn how to make your portal and website WCAG 2.0 AAA compliant.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 covers a wide range of recommendations for making Web content more accessible. Following these guidelines will make content accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, including blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, limited movement, speech disabilities, photo-sensitivity and combinations of these. Following these guidelines will also often make your Web content more usable to users in general.
Some elements put in place to accomplish AAA compliance are:
- Darkened text
- Increased contrast on pages
- Label, input, link and image elements are tagged properly for screen readers.
A couple things to note that should not be used in portals as they are out of WCAG 2.0 AAA Compliance are:
- You can only have one Job Search section on the portal. If you currently have multiple, you should reduce them to one.
- Cannot use the social sharing icons below job descriptions. This is a company preference and must be disabled.
If your current website is not compliant, your BrightMove branded job portal will not be either.
You must first get your website compliant and then you can notify BrightMove Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you want your portal branded/ re-branded to match. Standard BrightMove portal branding is $200 per portal.
Accessibility Checker Tool
There is a free accessibility checker tool for the Chrome browser you can use to determine if your portal is AAA compliant or if areas of your website need to be addresses internally to achieve this.
Please note that there are errors and warnings visible within the checker tool.
- Warnings are not anything to take action on. These are items that may become an error in the future but are not currently. You can disregard these as BrightMove managed as many warnings as we could so those remaining are non-critical.
- Errors are items that you need to address to achieve compliance. Remember, if your website is not compliant, your branded portal won't be either.