Integration with Intuit QuickBooks Desktop is a feature of the Back Office Module. The Intuit QuickBooks Desktop integration is considered an offline integration, meaning that it does not perform real-time, two-way communication with QuickBooks. Instead, the user must download a file and manually load the file into QuickBooks Desktop. This supported integration with QuickBooks Desktop is compatible with versions that support importing IIF (Intuit Interchange Format) files. IIF files are the proprietary, standard format developed by Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks.
Generating invoices is the process of converting fees realized from approved timesheet and products & services into a batch of invoices which can be downloaded and imported into QuickBooks Desktop.
- To Generate Invoices, the Back Office module must be licensed and enabled.
- In your ATS account, navigate to Back Office
- From the Back Office menu, select List Batches under the Invoices heading
- On the right, select the button that says Generate Invoices
- Step 1: Click the button that says Run Health Check. If this button is greyed out and there are no errors, the health check automatically ran and passed. There is nothing more to do
- Step 2: Set the first invoice number in the batch. By default this will be one more than the last invoice number of the last batch of invoices generated. After setting the right value, click the button that says Generate Invoices
- Step 3: Download the new batch of invoices in IIF format for QuickBooks Desktop
- Invoices generated in the batch are then available for future reference to download
- Batches that do not have a date value under the Downloaded On column have not yet been downloaded
Once you have Generated Invoices, click the Download Invoices button to download the Invoice IIF File to your computer. After you have downloaded your IIF file, you can upload it into your QuickBooks software to import your invoices into QuickBooks.
You can set your company's Back Office preferences by selecting the Preferences option from underneath the Configuration section. These settings determine your Contract Account, Perm Account, Line Item Name, Default Term, and Invoice Per Timesheet. To change any value, simply click on the name to access a drop down menu of choices. Each preference has a description in the right column to help further explain its use.
The Accounts section lists all of your currently uploaded Back Office accounts. You can use the cloud icon in the upper right corner to import additional accounts from your General Ledger (GL) software. Every account must be built in your GL software first and then uploaded into BrightMove.
c. Item Names
The Item Names section lists all of your invoice items by name and provides a description and GL reference number for each item. You will need to create your invoice items from within your GL software and then upload them into BrightMove via the cloud icon.
The Terms section lists all of your company's GL invoice terms that have been uploaded into BrightMove. Each term needs to be built from within your GL software first and then imported into BrightMove via the cloud icon.