To get this plug-in, on your Chrome browser for fast and easy parsing into BrightMove, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Chrome Store. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/BrightMove
- Click the blue "Add To Chrome" button.
- A pop up will appear and ask if you want to add the BrightMove Resume Parser, click "Add".
- Once added, you will see the plug-in icon in the upper right in your Chrome browser.
See below on how to use the BrightMove Resume Parser app!
How to Use
It's very simple to use this app to parse in resume information you find online to quickly create a new Candidate profile in BrightMove!
It works on any website page that contains text.
- You need to be logged in to your BrightMove account in the Chrome browser.
- While online and you see resume information you'd like to have in your account, to parse a partial page, simply highlight the text you want parsed and then click the BrightMove parser icon in your browser. Alternatively, you may choose to parse the entire web page as an Applicant or Contact profile by not highlighting anything and simply click the parser icon.
- Select whether to parse as a Candidate or as a Contact.
- For new applicant or contact profiles, an edit window will display allowing you to adjust the information that you would like to have parsed into your account. If you would like to skip this preview and parse all of the information as is, check the "Skip Parse Preview" box before pressing the blue Parse buttons.
That's it! It really is very easy and fast!
NOTE: BrightMove supports parsing of the downloadable .pdf version of LinkedIn profiles only. Any other copying of LinkedIn profiles (including any form of "scraping" and/or cut/paste) is not supported by BrightMove. This rule is on LinkedIn's Terms of Service page, in section 8.2, b.
Any newly parsed applicant or contact profiles will automatically be run through the default BrightMove duplication check. If the profile is a duplicate based on your duplication settings you will have an option to update the existing profile if desired. You can use the blue arrows to push the New Applicant Information into your Existing Applicant Information and then press the Update Existing Profile button to update the existing applicant's profile. If you would like to create a new profile with the duplicate information, please select the Save New Profile button.
Add to Folder and Submit to Job
When paring in an applicant you can Add them to a Folder and/or Submit them to a Job by selecting one in the drop down. The job list is populated by your most recently viewed jobs. You can view your most recently viewed jobs by hovering over the "Jobs" link on the BrightMove website.
After using our new BrightMove Resume Parser app, please rate it in the Chrome store! Just click the green "Rate It" button (right side) and give a star rating to let us know if you like it.