Ad-Hoc reporting is an interface for generating custom reports within BrightMove. It is located in the My Quick Links menu in the Reports section.
Data is updated nightly, Ad-Hoc reporting is not real time data.
Creating a New Report
Press at the top right of the reports page.
- Select a Subject Area, Title, Max Number of Results, and if you want your report to be public or private.
- In the Fields tab select all of the columns you want in your report. You can adjust the order by dragging the filter with the orange double sided arrow.
- The Groupings tab allows the report to be divided by a like term of the field(s) you specify.
- The Filters tab is where you will define your report parameters.
- The Sorting tab allows you to sort fields by ascending or descending order.
- When you have completed your report press at the top right.
Using the Functions Tab
The Functions Tab allows you to execute SUM, COUNT, and AVERAGE functions within your reported data. Please use the following guide when adding functions to your report:
SUM will total rows that are grouped (Select the Grouping tab to group rows together)
AVERAGE will average the number by group
COUNT will count the number of results returned
- Names and activity types will generally only work with the COUNT function applied
The Schedule Tab allows you to set a schedule for when you want your custom report to run automatically. This setting will default to Never, but can be changed to run Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly with specific days and times configured within each Recurrence Pattern. The scheduled report will be sent to the email address listed within your user profile and will be in PDF format. You can also add additional recipients that are in your BrightMove account by selecting the green plus sign.
Viewing or Exporting Reports
From the reports page you can filter the your available reports with the subject area drop down. View all reports, private reports, or public reports by selecting the respective toggle. To view the report you can either press the view button or the title of the report. Once you are viewing your report you can export it by pressing at the top right. Data is updated nightly, Ad-Hoc reporting is not real time data.
Please note that Microsoft's Edge browser is not compatible with the Ad-Hoc reporting export function.
Copy an Existing Report
To copy an existing report first select an existing report to view. Press at the top right to access the Copy Modal. Rename the report (Default is "Copy of -Report Name-") and select if it will be public or private and press save.